S3 is a ground initiative started by volunteers to meet the unmet needs of stroke survivors and caregivers in their stroke journey. S3 is volunteer-led and its programmes are supported by medical professionals and therapists from National University Health System (NUHS) and other hospitals.
Our Vision and Mission
Stroke Support Station (S3) aims to be the primary reference organisation for stroke survivors, their caregivers, volunteers, professionals and the public by providing innovative programmes, support services, education and training.
Stroke Support Station (S3) helps stroke survivors to Re-learn and Enjoy Active Living (R.E.A.L) for a better quality of life through a wellness program with the social-emotional support that rebuilds confidence and independence. S3 fosters mental resilience in stroke survivors and their caregivers, resulting in social connectedness among stroke survivors, caregivers, family members and volunteers.
Caring with compassion – we deliver quality care through compassion, communication, competence and commitment.
What are our priorities?
Caregiver-Stroke Survivors-Volunteer Centred approach
We are committed to providing the best possible stratified programmes according to stroke survivors and caregivers needs, conducted in small groups.
(a) Caregivers’ Programme
- Education on coping skills
- Mental resilience in line with S3’s mindfulness-awareness practice
- Social, emotional bonding and psychological support
(b) Stroke Survivors' Programme
- Stroke survivors' assessment and evaluation to understand needs
- Stroke survivor goal setting and improvement journey
- Holistic body-mind programmes
(c) Volunteer Programme
- Volunteer interest match to S3 programmes
- Structured volunteer trainings
- Volunteer leader and development programmes
Stroke Support Station Ltd
SG Enable Village
20 Lengkok Bahru